Ames, Iowa (AgPR) May 24, 2022 – Examining employment, workforce, and hiring trends takes on a whole new level of importance after the pivotal events of the past two years.
“In the 20 years of the annual AgCareers.com HR Roundtable, there’s never been a more important time for gathering to discuss these significant changes, analyze the evolution of the agriculture and food industry, and plan for the future of the workforce,” said Kathryn Doan, AgCareers.com Director and CVO.
For two decades, AgCareers.com has customized fresh Roundtable content every year to reflect current industry trends and focus educational sessions on high-interest recruitment and retention issues. This year’s sessions will discuss industry disruption, recruiting new graduates, retention tactics, benefit expectations, building trust in the workplace, diversity, equity and inclusion and much more.
Participants may customize their experience with selections of additional breakout sessions, including topics such as immigration, HR technology, employee wellness, onboarding, reskilling, or military veteran recruitment, among others. SHRM and HRCI continuing education credits are available.
Talent leaders, content-matter experts, and top agricultural industry representatives will share their knowledge and experiences to provide valuable take-aways for all participants, including managers, leaders, human resource professionals, talent acquisition specialists, career advisors, and educational and association representatives.
A few of the featured speakers include:
• Adrian J.R. Davis, Consulting Associate, The Ken Blanchard Companies®: Building Trust in the Workplace
• Julie Davis, Senior Director Workforce and Industry Initiatives, Association of Equipment Manufacturers: Industry Disrupted—Managing the Future of Work
• Randy Irvin, Director of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion, Nutrien: DEI Strategies that Work
• Katie Gaebel, Ph.D. Director of Programs, Agriculture Future of America: The Evolution of Student Recruitment
• Whitney Kinne, Career + Leadership coach: Professional Development—Cultivating Your Own Career
• Scott Stump, CEO, National FFA Organization: Building the Talent Pipeline
• Kara Yarnot, VP Strategic Consulting, HireClix: New Technology in Recruitment & HR
• Rachel Beardsley, Partner, Fragomen & Becky Straughn, Director, Human Resources, Smithfield Foods: Employment-Based Immigration Solutions
In addition to these speakers and topics, the combination of employers and educational professionals provides a unique and rewarding networking experience found nowhere else. Participants will build connections during the welcome reception at Hard Rock Café, the celebration dinner at Johnny Cash’s Bar & BBQ, along with lunches and morning table topic networking.
The AgCareers.com mission is to provide global talent solutions in agriculture and food. They strive to “Feed the World with Talent” in the industries they serve. AgCareers.com’s passion is agriculture, demonstrated through their investment in time and resources that engage candidates and employers in the industry. They work to build the pipeline of talent to the industry by expanding knowledge about the breadth of career opportunities in agriculture. For more information, visit www.AgCareers.com.