KANSAS CITY, MO | Dustin Johansen, Senior Vice President, Enterprise Solutions, Farm Journal, was re-elected chairman of the Agricultural Business Council of Kansas City at the group’s annual meeting held December 14. Ron Seeber, who serves as CEO Kansas Agribusiness Retailers Association, Kansas Grain and Feed Association, and Renew Kansas Biofuels Association was re-elected vice chairman.
Johansen leads business development initiatives for Enterprise Solutions division of Farm Journal, driving revenue growth for data services, market research and custom projects for livestock and row crop industries. Previously, Johansen managed the Kansas City office of Osborn Barr Paramore and led the animal agriculture and equipment practices. He also spent nearly 20 years at Caterpillar, Inc. in equipment sales and dealer sales and marketing operations. Johansen was raised on a purebred Charolais operation in Tipton, Missouri and is a graduate of the University of Missouri – Columbia.
Ron Seeber assumed his current position with the three associations in 2017 after working for the groups since July 2008. An expert in state and federal legislative affairs, Seeber also worked for Senator Bob Dole in policy and political capacities. He has spent his entire career in the regulatory arena.
The Council’s Board of Directors is composed of 20 persons who serve staggered two-year terms. Those elected to the Board for a two-year term commencing January 1, 2023, were:
· Eric Bohl, Missouri Farm Bureau
· Justin Gilpin, Kansas Wheat
· Brad Hamilton, Seaboard Foods
· JJ Jones, Cultivated Conversations
· Jackie Klippenstein, Dairy Farmers of America
· Haley Larson, Kansas State – Olathe
· James Nygren, Frontier Farm Credit/Farm Credit Services of America
· Emily Schuckenbrock, Agriculture Future of America
· Brad Tolbert, John Deere
· Bill Vaughn, Merck Animal Health
And, to fill a mid-term vacancy, the Council elected Jackie McClaskey, American Royal, to a one-year term.
The group also named Jim Staiert, associate administrator of USDA’s Economic Research Service as an ex-officio, advisory member of the Board of Directors.
Those directors elected for new terms join these incumbent directors:
· Julie Abrahamzon, Cargill Animal Nutrition
· Tom Brand, NAFB
· Chris Daubert, University of Missouri – CAFNR
· Kelly Farrell, Farrell Growth Group
· Terry Holdren, Kansas Farm Bureau
· Chris Klenklen, Missouri Dept. of Agriculture
· Kristie Larson, The DeBruce Foundation
· Paul Schadegg, Farmers National Company
· Matt Teagarden, Kansas Livestock Association
Bob Petersen and Erica Venancio continue to serve as staff members for the Council, Petersen as the executive director and Venancio as director of member services.